http://content.oddcast.com/host/avatar/swf/workshop_518.swf?doorId=518&clientId=215&stem=http%3A%2F%2Fhost-d.oddcast.com%2Fphp%2Fapi%2FgetWorkshopInfo%2FdoorId%3D518&ds=http%3A%2F%2Fhost.oddcast.com%2F&lId=english&mId=35720252.4If the widget above is not working, you can go straight to http://www.mcdonalds.se/avatar/index.html?mId=35720252.3 A Na’vi face is just a beginning. Now you also need a Na’vi tongue. I’ve just browsed through http://www.learnnavi.org and found these two PDFs below (will be frequently updated by the author).
GB: That’s interesting about the created or altered instruments. Could you be more specific?
JH: There were a lot of vocal sounds I took from various places. These were odd vocal sounds that I would manipulate digitally and there were interesting flutes, for instance, from South America and Finland that I wanted to be more abstract. I also have instruments invented from scratch. They were programmed. There were a lot of instruments that sound like flutes of different sorts, but they were combined with gamelan-sounding instruments. The gamelan is Balinese. The word itself means “orchestra.” The individual gamelan instruments are these bell-like sounds. A lot of the percussion for “Avatar” is gamelan-based or sounds gamelan-based. So this has this sort of quality of ringing bells, like Indonesian music. It’s a very pretty fusion of different worlds that gives the place itself a quality that is magical. Using it for percussion, rather than drums or other things, gives a sort of magical glow to everything. And as I said there were a lot of instruments that I invented and worked on with my programs. I was very particular.
- Film HD bukan 35mm.
- Teknik mesin, elektro, komunitas film ITB sama2 bikin dolly track. Karya anak bangsa!
- Dunia milik berdua yang lain outframe. 😛
- Some familiar sets: Kampus ITB, GKI Taman Cibunut, perumaha penduduk belakang Ciwalk.
- Gw liat Erika (di behind the scene), senior gw di Rancang Bangun 5! Kalo gak salah baca sih Production Manager.
- Screening duluan di Inggris bukan gara2 pengen disebar di luar negeri dulu, tapi sebelum rilis di Indonesia udah keburu diundang disana.
- Surfacing questions. Biar penonton yg jawab.
- Kenapa gak 21, krn hrs convert digital ke film which is seharga bikin filmnya sendiri.
Sent from my Treo(r) 680 smartphone
Powered by Sinyal Kuat INDOSAT