Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
It’s a closing day of the 1st batch of Freshmen Enrichment Program series that has been running for a week. Back in the day when I got this campus orientation program in 2006, it’s called Pekan Orientasi Mahasiswa (POM). My suggestion is, what you see on the campus unit expo is maybe not what you will got. Be wise, there’s still a lot of community outside the campus that you could join later. 😀
We did it! We’ve walked from Lebak Bulus (Jakarta) to Rumah Sakit Salak (Bogor)! It was a bloody hell 38-kilometre walk that took 11 hours and 15 seconds (breaktimes included).Most of the pics was taken during my walk with the first batch. We’ve got 18 people who took the walk but we’re separated in 2 batch. So, are you interested in parkour? You want to jump from rooftops to rooftops? Forget it. Parkour is about how you adapt yourself on your surrounding environment. Sent from my iPhone
Steady minor modifications have a huge impact
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Say “No” to junk food and replace it with healthier options most of the time
- A dip in the hotel swimming pool (you see, even travelling can help you exercise!)
- Walk as much as you can. Get out of the bus/taxi at least two blocks away from your destination.
- Engage in short but rather intensive workouts (a great tip if you are ultra busy)
- A few stretches, push-ups, and crunches requires 10-15 minutes and can be done at home, hotel, private office, you name it!
Good health does not mean going to a gym
I’m certainly not against using a gym. In fact, many people find the gym highly motivating but for those who are short of time, all the above exercises can be easily done anywhere with no need for any sophisticated equipments. Still, some of us manage to invent very creative excuses to avoid consistent exercising. Anyway, the results of adhering to these small workouts are immense enough to motivate one to follow through. Some of them can be:
- High Level of Energy – When one travels, it is natural to feel exhausted particularly when crossing time-zones. But a regular exercise greatly contributes to maintaining stamina and high energy levels which leads to better productivity.
- Sound Sleep – Exercising is a proven recipe for sound sleep. When travelling it can be difficult to get the desired amount of sleep but exercising helps in maintaining a proper sleep pattern
- Toxic sweat – On business trips, it is very common that people often get indulged in alcohol and other toxic drinks. A regular exercise pattern can get rid of this toxic waste in the form of sweat.
- Burning Calories – Although this should never be number one reason for exercising, it is a definite bonus that that comes with it. Many weight-related diseases can automatically disappear thanks to regular exercising.
- Goodbye Stress ! – exercising greatly helps in getting rid of the stress that some people face while travelling.
- Muscle Toner – Carrying heavy luggage and jostling through the rush are very common while travelling. This could sometimes result in pain and fatigue. Exercise helps in stretching the muscles so that the tension that has gripped them can be released.
If the benefits of exercise are common sense and known to everyone, then why there is still a need to emphasize the significance of maintaining a health regimen? Sometimes we need someone to come forward and remind us about the obvious facts so that the obvious doesn’t slip into oblivion!
I sincerely hope that the ultra short none-excusable workout techniques mentioned above can help us all in creating an ongoing exercising routine that’s both highly beneficial and enjoyable.
Enjoy investing in your most precious asset: YOU!
Sent from my iPhone
Tanggal 2 Juli 2010, saya kebetulan diutus kantor untuk live tweet tentang acara klien di KidZania. Dari dulu sebenernya saya penasaran sama isi dari KidZania ini. Sepupu-sepupu saya udah pernah kesana dan katanya di dalemnya rame banget. Ngantri masuknya padat banget, mungkin gara-gara sehari itu cuma ada 2 shift buat masuk ke dalem KidZania. Untungnya saya dapet “visa” gratis alias VIP access buat ngeliput di dalem, jadi nggak perlu ngelewatin imigrasi di gerbang depan sebelom “terbang” ke KidZania.
Masuk ke dalemnya, kita bakal langsung ketemu sama Main Square. Waktu saya masuk itu petugas-petugas di KidZania masih joget-joget buat menyambut “bapak-bapak dan ibu-ibu cilik”, panggilan khusus KidZania untuk anak-anak. Dan satu hal yang lucu lagi, di dalem KidZania itu nggak pernah ada selamat pagi ataupun selamat siang. Yang ada selamat malam.
Apa aja yang ada di dalem? Mulai dari toko kue, rumah sakit, kantor polisi, kantor pajak, bank, supermarket, kantor berita, radio, sampai pemadam kabakaran ada. Jangan sampai ngelamun di tengah jalan kalo nggak mau disamber public bus, taksi Silver Bird, atau rombongan pemadam kebakaran lengkap sama sirenenya. Kalo tiba-tiba ketemu sama rombongan bocah pake baju warna coklat lagi lari, itu berarti kepolisian KidZania lagi ngejar maling yang kabur dari penjara.
Dari yang saya denger dari orangnya KidZania, mereka ini punya kayak dewan perwakilan rakyat, namanya CongrezzKid. Yang canggihnya lagi, anak-anak kecil ini ternyata lebih bijak kalo ada penjahat yang perlu ditindak, mereka bakal rapat dan gak jarang mereka come up sama keputusan buat nyuruh penjahatnya buat kerja sosial. Ah, jauh sekali sama kondisi negara kita aslinya ya.